Ada Jobs Foundation is Now Hiring: Ecosystem Digital Content Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Organization: Ada Jobs Foundation
Location: Ada, Oklahoma
The Ada Jobs Foundation is seeking a new candidate to serve as our full-time Ecosystem Digital Content Manager. This is an opportunity to create a new digital content program to tell the story of technology-based entrepreneurship, research, and innovation in Southern Oklahoma. Much of the work will entail producing content on a weekly basis, including articles about local technology startups, founder profiles, short videos, photo essays, event reports, and information about local partners in this growing entrepreneurial ecosystem. A key part of this work will be to create new content to focus on Chickasaw and Native American technology entrepreneurship. This position is part of our work to carry out an EDA Build to Scale grant and will report directly to the Ada Jobs Foundation CEO.
- The salary for this position is $45,000 to $55,000, depending on skill and experience.
- Full benefits include health/dental/vision insurance, employer matched SIMPLE IRA, and vehicle and cell phone allowances.
- Opportunities for employer-paid professional development.
- Tell the stories of entrepreneurs, technologists, researchers, and tech workers in a rural region of Southern Oklahoma.
- Connect with state and national networks focused on improving outcomes for scalable technology startups in rural communities.
- Be part of a growing team who are focused on developing and scaling services for entrepreneurs.
We are looking for a candidate who can help us achieve the following performance outcomes within the three years of starting work at the Ada Jobs Foundation:
- Create 50 pieces of original digital content (articles, videos, podcasts, photo essays) within the first year of work.
- Create 25 pieces of digital content about Chickasaw and other Native American technology startup founders over the next three years.
- Provide input and guidance on the creation of a new Southern Oklahoma technology ecosystem website and digital content strategy.
In addition to these outcomes, the Technology Community Manager will also be responsible for the following activities
- Oversee regular communication with local entrepreneurs, researchers, technologists, partner organizations, and other day-to-day work related to technology community development in Ada and Southern Oklahoma.
- Track key information and metrics related to our work connected to the EDA Build to Scale grant program.
- Reach out to people in the Southern Oklahoma technology ecosystem and conduct interviews, profiles, or articles explaining the work of these people.
- Document and profile to regional technology ecosystem events.
- Communicate the importance of local technology development to local community members and stakeholders.
- We prefer a candidate with strong communication skills, an interest in working with researchers, inventors and technologists.
- The candidate will need a working familiarity with cloud-based office productivity software and the ability to communicate professionally.
- There are no education or professional experience requirements for this role.
- Submit a cover letter, resume, and up to 3 professional references before February 11th, 2022. All applications can be addressed to Jim Eldridge and sent via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The first round of interviews is expected to be scheduled with a select group of candidates starting on the week of February 21st. These interviews will cover a broad range of topics and will allow you to ask questions and learn more about the position and the Ada Jobs Foundation
- A second round of interviews will be scheduled on afterwards.
- A final decision will be announced once an offer is accepted.
About the Ada Jobs Foundation
The Ada Jobs Foundation a 501(c)3 nonprofit economic development organization in Southern Oklahoma and leads economic development organization in Ada and Pontotoc County, Oklahoma. We are an accredited economic development organization through the International Economic Development Council. Since 2020, we have worked with the Center on Rural Innovation to develop a digital economy strategy and we are a member of the Rural Innovation Network. Recently, we have led a dynamic and community-focused strategic development effort, and we are working to expand our economic development work to encompass local business expansions, workforce development, and community revitalization efforts. We are committed to hiring a diverse and talented team that can best serve the needs of our community and further our goals for inclusive economic development.