NOW HIRING! AJF Entrepreneurship Specialist
7/20/2021 by Jessika Leatherbury
Tags: now hiring
Ada Jobs Foundation is Now Hiring: Entrepreneurship Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Organization: Ada Jobs Foundation
Location: Ada, Oklahoma
The Ada Jobs Foundation is searching for a candidate for the position of Entrepreneurship Specialist. The Ada Jobs Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit economic development organization in Southern Oklahoma and is the lead economic development organization in Ada and Pontotoc County, Oklahoma.
We are looking for a candidate with entry to intermediate skills. Our ideal candidate will be ready to jump in and help us run programs and services to support local entrepreneurs and small businesses. We currently offer the Startup Ada Bootcamp series, the Big Pitch competition, and our monthly Community Entrepreneurship Hour event. We are seeking a candidate who will help us grow our existing programs and help us implement new programs and opportunities to serve our local startups. The candidate will have an opportunity to develop new skills, gain professional development experience, and connect with a national network of entrepreneurial ecosystem builders. We have a holistic approach to economic development and we are seeking a candidate who can work in a team environment. The successful candidate will report directly to the CEO and will work with an office that carries out economic, workforce, and community development efforts.
The Ada Jobs Foundation is one of the most innovative rural economic development organizations in the state. We are an accredited economic development organization through the International Economic Development Council. Since 2020, we have worked with the Center on Rural Innovation to develop a digital economy strategy and we are a member of the Rural Innovation Network. Recently, we have led a dynamic and community-focused strategic development effort, and we are working to expand our economic development work to encompass local business expansions, workforce development, and community revitalization efforts.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- ∑ Manage and carry out the day-to-day activities of our existing entrepreneurship support programs, including coordinating marketing materials, communicating with event speakers and participants, contacting sponsors, and confirming venues and formats.
- ∑ Support the design of new programs and curriculum design that will serve the growing and changing needs of our entrepreneurs, especially those who focus on technology-based entrepreneurship.
- ∑ Manage a pilot program for a new coworking space, including the ability to engage with local entrepreneurs at the space, schedule events, and track metrics of how the space is used.
- Identify best practices for new programs and opportunities to improve our local entrepreneurship support ecosystem.
- ∑ Work with local and national partners, stakeholders, mentors, investors, and entrepreneurs to deliver equitable and inclusive support and programming to a diverse range of startup founders.
- ∑ Create an outreach program to identify and engage with local investors.
- ∑ Identify and organize a network of mentors to support local entrepreneurs.
- ∑ Coordinate with other staff and partners to promote and deliver opportunities for digital training and access to digital jobs.
- ∑ Research grant programs for entrepreneurship support programs and work to prepare grant application materials.
- ∑ Facilitate meetings and represent the Ada Jobs Foundation in meetings with partners, officials, and the general public.
- ∑ Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and a familiarity with cloud-based productivity software, including Slack, Dropbox, client relationship management services, and project management software.
Education and Experience:
- ∑ A Bachelorís Degree, and a candidate with any bachelorís degree will qualify for this position if they can demonstrate an ability to manage programs and write at a collegiate level.
- ∑ A passion for helping Adaís entrepreneurs grow and thrive.
- ∑ An interest in piloting new programs and testing new approaches to help support startups and build a supportive ecosystem.
- ∑ Someone who understands the entrepreneurís experience in starting a business.
Salary and Benefits
- ∑ $40,000 to $55,000 per year, depending on qualifications and experience.
- ∑ Health, dental, and vision insurance premiums covered by the organization.
- ∑ A vehicle and cell phone allowance.
- ∑ Paid holidays and annual paid-time off.
- ∑ Paid professional development and professional organization membership fees.
Candidates interested in applying for this position should submit a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references.
All applications can be addressed to Jim Eldridge and sent via firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates may also mail their applications to our mailing address:
Ada Jobs Foundation
PO Box 1728,
Ada, OK 74821