NOW HIRING! AJF Community Development Specialist
7/12/2021 by Jessika Leatherbury
Tags: Ada Jobs Foundation
NOW HIRING: Community Development Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Organization: Ada Jobs Foundation
Location: Ada, Oklahoma
The Ada Jobs Foundation is searching for a candidate for the position of Community Development Specialist. The Ada Jobs Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit economic development organization in Southern Oklahoma and is the lead economic development organization in Ada and Pontotoc County, Oklahoma.
We are looking for a candidate with entry to intermediate skills. Our ideal candidate will be ready to work independently and help build a neighborhood housing and community revitalization program in Ada. The candidate will also be tasked with helping to administer a local downtown building improvement grant. The candidate will be able to understand federal community and housing grant programs, communicate local public officials, provide technical support to local government staff, and engage with local community residents. The candidate will also have an opportunity to develop new skills and further their professional development. The Ada Jobs Foundation has a holistic approach to economic and community development, and we are looking for a candidate who can work in a team environment. The successful candidate will report to the CEO and will work with an office that carries out economic, workforce, and entrepreneurship development.
We are an economic development organization through the International Economic Development Council and take a dynamic and innovative approach to community and economic development. Since 2020, we have worked with the Center on Rural Innovation to develop a digital economy strategy and we are a member of the Rural Innovation Network. Recently, we have led a dynamic and community-focused strategic development effort, and we are working to expand our economic development work to encompass local business expansions, workforce development, and community revitalization efforts.
- Ability to research and apply to federal grants related to community development and rural housing programs.
- Be able to work independently and create new programs from the ground-up.
- Ability to understand and assist applicants to the Ada Business Improvement Grant.
- Communicate and present information to a diverse range of people, including elected officials, community residents, and program partners.
- Research, compile, analyze and interpret data on community, demographic, and housing conditions in Ada, Pontotoc County and the State of Oklahoma including, but not limited to, population growth, building permits, zoning, housing conditions, walkability conditions, and home value.
- Interpret, analyze, and recommend local housing and neighborhood land-use policies and incentive programs.
- Administer meetings and represent the Ada Jobs Foundation in meetings with partners, officials, and the general public.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office and a familiarity with cloud-based productivity software.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelorís
Degree. We typically look for a degree in planning, business, public
administration, or economics, but a candidate with any bachelorís degree will
qualify for this position if they can demonstrate an ability to carry out
research and write at a collegiate level.
- A passion for helping Ada thrive as a community.
- A vision for an effective rural housing and neighborhood development program.
- An interest in creating engaging and inclusive community work with local residents.
Salary and Benefits
- $40,000 to $50,000 per year, depending on qualifications and experience.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance premiums covered by the organization.
- A vehicle and cell phone allowance.
- Paid holidays and annual paid-time off.
- Paid professional development and professional organization membership fees.
Candidates interested in applying for this position should submit a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references.
All applications can be addressed to Jim Eldridge and sent via firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates may also mail their applications to our mailing address:
Ada Jobs Foundation
PO Box 1728,
Ada, OK 74821