The Ada Jobs Foundation is thrilled to announce the top six entrants for The Big Pitch Ada competition, taking place Nov. 13.
With entrants coming from across the state, judges adhered to the established criteria to ensure that all requirements were met and the ideas with the most unique and thought-out plans were selected. From all the applicants, the following entrants representing different products and business ideas were selected for the opportunity to pitch their idea and connect with investors.
• Frack Glass — Christine Pappas.
• J3 Solutions — Louden Johnson.
• McNoodle’s Craft Emporium — Miranda Carrizales.
• Pocket Pods — Chris Crawford.
• Smart Rain Barrel — Pradip Poudel.
• WOGO — Collin Quinn Low.
The selected finalists will present to a panel of judges consisting of industry experts and have a total of five minutes to make their pitch, followed by questions and answers with the judges. Winners will be announced live at the event.
Prizes presented during the event include:
• $1,000 to The Big Pitch Ada 2018 winner to test or advance their business, a mentor who will be available to meet with the entrepreneur biweekly for at least three months, plus Ada Chamber of Commerce membership for a year.
• $500 to the first runners-up, plus Ada Chamber of Commerce membership for a year.
• $250 to second runners-up, plus Ada Chamber of Commerce membership for a year.
• $250 Water Technology and Innovation Prize winner.
• $250 People’s Choice Award winner.
“Through this event, we are growing entrepreneurs and business ideas in our community,” shared Srjitia Ghosh, AJF entrepreneurship specialist. “We look forward to having a great audience attend to encourage those making their pitch and see our top entrants in action. We’ll also need an audience to vote for their favorite ‘pitch’ during the People’s Choice Award.”
Thank you to our sponsors who have ensured contestants receive prize money to forward their innovative ideas and that attendees have the chance to “eat, drink, be merry, and talk all things entrepreneurship.” They include LegalShield, ECU Foundation, Citizens Bank of Ada, Vision Bank Ada, The Grandview, Lovera’s Handcrafted Foods and the Ada Chamber of Commerce.
The Big Pitch Ada competition will take place Nov. 13 and starts at 3 p.m., followed by a networking party at 5:30 p.m., with all of the events taking place at The Grandview, 201 E. Main St., Ada.
Register to attend at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-big-pitch-ada-2018-social-networking-party-tickets-49499334843. For more information, contact the Ada Jobs Foundation at 580-235-0070 or firstname.lastname@example.org.